Professionally whitening your teeth using custom whitening take home trays is a quick and easy way to remove tooth discoloration caused by foods, smoking and the simple aging of your teeth.
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions:
- Are there significant risks? Whitening is safe and results may vary depending on the person. Using excessive bleaching material can cause some sensitivity to your gums.
- How does the at-home bleaching work? Impressions of your teeth are taken in order to fabricate custom whitening trays.
- How long does it take? The impressions for fabrication take less than 30 minutes as does the process for delivery of the trays and whitening solution. You would wear the bleaching trays with bleaching solution once per day for 30 minutes for 7-10 days, depending on your desired shade.
- What happens to my teeth? Our approved bleaching product removes enamel stains from your teeth, slowly and progressively, improving the overall color of your smile. Maintaining your routine cleaning appointments along with your whitening system creates an unbeatable healthy and beautiful smile.
- Are there any alternative solutions? We do not recommend buying over the counter bleaching products. Using these products incorrectly or failing to understand the procedure can damage your teeth and gums. It’s always best to consult your dentist and follow their recommendations and instructions.
- What about severe tooth discoloration? At home teeth whitening doesn’t always work in severe cases of discolorations. In such situations, consulting with your dentist about more in-depth whitening solution procedures, such as In-Office Whitening.
- How much does it cost? At home teeth whitening can range from $85.00 to $230.00 depending on the strength and type of whitening solution needed to reach your goal.
For more information, please contact Dr. Kelli Slate at her dental office in Lakewood, Dallas TX by email or